Re: German Learjet Operating As KITE61

Message posted by FromAcrossTheOcean (Member since 04/21/2021) on July 08, 2021 at 15:26:04 PST:

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

There was another thing in the German talk that puzzled me a little bit that was initially qualified as "logistics" and indeed at first it sounded like talking about checking in with a hotel or other accommodation.

But then in particular there was talk about pick-up by a driver at a gate at a certain time - which I assume is meant to be a security check-point of a restricted installation, not an airport gate.

At first I thought that's about a person coming from INSIDE an installation to be picked up at the gate and then driven to another location OUTSIDE that place.

But there more I listened to it, I come to believe that possibly they come from OUTSIDE and then are picked up by a driver at the gate to be transferred to a location INSIDE a restricted area where they are not allowed to freely move around even when from a supposedly friendly/allied nation.

That could also explain the mention of the "gorilla box" - could be for transporting some gear or I thought in the first place that maybe somebody left something in that box at the accommodation for somebody else who arrived late.

But what about maybe they have to leave their personal belongings in such a box when they go on base to pick up when leaving again, such as cell phones and other stuff? That could indicate that possibly the ground controller(s) are at a rather sensitive/restricted place where there is "stuff" not to be seen by the guests?

Does that make sense to somebody?

Really looking forward to the other recordings

In Reply to: Re: German Learjet Operating As KITE61 posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 08, 2021 at 11:10:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]