Re: YF-24... 25 years later

Message posted by Duke (Member since 08/27/2019) on April 23, 2021 at 20:22:14 PST:

I have no clue what the YF-24 was, but the mention of the Navy and twenty-five years ago did remind me of something. About that time I was working the JSF program out of the program support office at WPAFB, my USN engineering counterparts were doing the same out of PAX. (The JSF JPO was in Crystal City.)

On a number of occasions, my USN counterparts would say the were unavailable for proposed meetings, not show up for meetings they agreed to attend/host, and/or miss weekly team conference calls. When I brought this up during the "around the table" segment of our WP engineering staff meeting, I was surprised a number of my USAF brethren were having the same problem. Our DoE took an action item to talk to his opposite number at PAX.

The following week he told us we were to deal with our frustrations over the Navy as best we could, but they were involved in a "special program." He further said not to harrass or ask questions of our counterparts. That was the end of that. What they were working on I never asked or learned.

In Reply to: YF-24... 25 years later posted by Q-nimbus on April 22, 2021 at 15:25:18 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]