Re: In addition

Message posted by Q-nimbus on March 18, 2021 at 9:45:05 PST:

Well, I think it's reasonably safe to assume that the Stealth Black Hawks haven't been used again since operation Geronimo, knowing they were still more or less experimental at the time. The technology is probably to valuable to risk losing.

Of course, development has continued I assume, and they may have made more. But the fact that it crashed on it's first operational mission makes me think that unless significant improvements have been made, or perhaps even a new prototype, the remaining Stealth Black Hawk is either burried or gathering dust in a remote hangar somewhere (most probably Tonopah).

Talking about the F117 and the surrounding secrecy: even though the public didn't know much about it at the time, as soon as it became operational it was reasonably known that 'something' was flying out of Tonopah, and rumours of a Stealth Fighter were floating around from the early eighties.

It is really, really difficult to keep something secret, especially once it's operational. There are a lot of things going on at Area 51, but apart from the NGAD I don't there's another secret airframe flying around. But I sure hope I'm wrong!

In Reply to: Re: In addition posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 17, 2021 at 10:49:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]