Re: high zltitude

Message posted by Max Power on March 16, 2021 at 15:07:05 PST:

Night Stalker says:

"FWIW, I know concept art is just that, art of something that doesn't exist. However, to me there looks a difference between the images of that aircraft on the ground / take off and that of it when in flight with the other aircraft dropping out. One assumes it would be the same artist.

I've often thought the ground / take off / landing images looks like drawings of actual photos."

I agree, there's something about them that gives me that same feeling too. Probably drawn based off actual photos, with the photos later being destroyed, giving the defense world the crutch of "this is just concept art, it never actually existed."

Night Stalker says:

"It wouldn't surprise me if that project did exist, even if it didn't get past a test stage. Certainly plausible enough, and would explain the need of that huge runway extension....something clearly merited it out of necessity."

I've pondered that as well. A runway that long doesn't exist for nothing. It makes me think that something, at one point in time, needed a hell of a lot of room to take off and land.

- Max Power

In Reply to: Re: high zltitude posted by Night Stalker on March 16, 2021 at 13:47:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]