So, what about the RQ-180?

Message posted by Q-nimbus on August 20, 2020 at 11:00:17 PST:

Although I’m not 100% convinced the RQ-180 exists, according to some the RQ-180 has been flying operationally around for a decade now, performing highly classified missions in the latter half.

Surely for such a large plane some details should have leaked to the general public by now. I would think that if more than 5 articles have been produced by now, surely some folks even own a picture of it. Even the F117 wasn’t kept secret that long, and there were a lot of them flying around by the late ‘80’s. Mind you, that was long before everybody owned and took a high quality camera with them all the time.

Unless it sits in a hangar somewhere doing nothing. But then why build a plane if you’re not going to use it?

So I’m sceptical it actually exists in an operational form.

One thing I’m pretty sure would have leaked by now is it’s true designation, unless it’s RQ-180 of course. But most people seem to agree that the RQ-180 is a name made up by the people who first revealed the RQ-180 to the public: Aviation Week.

I’m sure the Russians and especially the Chinese know detailed specifications of the plane. Plenty of espionage, no damage done there.

But we mere mortals know almost nothing. One thing I reckon should be known by now are basic details. So, to help me further on my quest for the RQ-180 let’s start with the basics: is there anything known about the true designation and name of the so called RQ-180?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]