Re: Utah Republican introduces legislation giving Air Force final say over more than 840,000 acres of Nevada wildlife refuge — without consulting delegation

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 11, 2020 at 20:17:29 PST:

Thanks for the post Peter. That is unexpectedly good news. I was not aware that the Alamo Road land grab was shut down last month. In fact I am the first to admit that I thought it was a done deal. I hope this new attempt of the Air Force to take control of the land can be shut down as well.

For those not familiar with the situation: The land grab would have given a huge chunk of protected Nevada desert to the Air Force with disastrous environmental consequences. The land borders on, but does not include the Tikaboo Peak access road. The Alamo Road area is a popular destination near Las Vegas for recreational off-hwy use.

In Reply to: Utah Republican introduces legislation giving Air Force final say over more than 840,000 acres of Nevada wildlife refuge — without consulting delegation posted by Peter A. Forkes on July 11, 2020 at 17:45:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]