Re: China readying a 'New generation' fighter for first flight in 2021

Message posted by Duke on July 01, 2020 at 6:07:36 PST:

History has shown complacency can be a dangerous thing. I have copies of aviation magazines of the the late 1930s with articles detailing Japanese aircraft as being poor quality copies of Western types flown by men with poor eyesight and limited skills. That said, if the US and its allies' position in the Pacific is as grave as you claim, it has more to do with shortsighted political/geopolitical, economic, and doctrinal decisions than it does military technology.

How US forces would fare against peer/near peer adversaries in no-holds-barred combat is open to conjecture. I'd be more concerned about the will to undertake and support such action than I would our abilities to fight effectively. In a nation where politicians are talking about doing away with police forces and recognizing occupied protest zones, their willingness to support military action abroad is far from assured.

In Reply to: Re: China readying a 'New generation' fighter for first flight in 2021 posted by Smythers on July 01, 2020 at 0:57:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]