Re: Dreamland Resort material being ripped off

Message posted by 500 Fan on June 02, 2020 at 10:20:36 PST:

It is something that has happened to me and others over on the ARC Air Forum. A small group of us have done a lot of research into Special Operations helicopters and so much of what we wrote turned up on a certain website. None of us had personal photos used elsewhere but so much of what we discussed appeared to feature in a feature on a particular website. I uncovered a photo of a rare secretive CIA/Army Black World helicopter and it featured in a full article on the aforementioned website. An acknowledgement of where much of the information had been sourced would have been nice! I think I have to accept that if I (or anyone else) research a particular obscure topic and post that research on a forum like this or ARC, it will be open to use by others. I have two interesting pieces of research that I would like to write about and post on a web page or forum but I know both would end up on a website somewhere and be used. I'd rather write a complete article myself and have it published on their website under my own name. This, of course, in no way justifies what has been happening in relation to the content taken from this forum and posted on FB. But I guess the moral of the story seems to be, "If you post something on the web, it will be seen by others and potentially used by others".

In Reply to: Dreamland Resort material being ripped off posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 01, 2020 at 19:59:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]