Re: When Will The Next Bird of Prey Fly The Nest...

Message posted by don on May 23, 2020 at 16:31:09 PST:

I have also read that forum and all the opinions about a companion aircraft. I can honestly say I have never seen or heard of any such project. You would think I might have some knowledge having been there including Desert Storm? There was no companion aircraft required. Have you seen the Lockheed video? It explains the entire mission and the entire package of how the F-117A does it's job. No mention there of any other companion aircraft. All of the training which was very detailed there was no companion aircraft mentioned. The weapon system had everything it needed onboard and preprogrammed on a hardrive routes turning points and targets. Now moving forward passed the time I was on the F-117A I have collected a lot of media about the F-117A. It all stays the same the mission and the weapon system is described the same every single article and book and pilot interview. Again the companion aircraft never mentioned because it doesn't exsist. Not for the F-117A mission. The forum on the subject has one guy, one guy a boom operator over Edwards, that saw something he could not identify as regular. So what? Maybe he saw a test article? Why didn't anyone else see it? And why was he so surprised it happened?? That should have been a planned refuel with cleared and trained personel. If he was then he should be in jail right? For discussing something he's not allowed to talk about? One would think if a test article was coming up for air to air refuel there would be tech reps on board the tanker? They don't just pass gas to anything that flies up behind them. Even the KC-10 guys that I met in Saudi Arabia that towed the F-117A's over to Kahmis said they went to special training to operate the boom for the F-117A. There was concern the boom if you miss the refuel recepticle might damage the ram on the F-117A. And the ECS exhaust is directly in front of the recepticle so expect that turbulance. I also read similiar things in the SR-71 books. Special procedures for the special fuel etc'. Questions in those forums make up stories that are entertaining at best. The comments are pure speculation and some are at least admitting that. Boomer told a lie in my opinion. Like the Facebook post I'm sitting at the table with a "Change my mind" sign.

In Reply to: Re: When Will The Next Bird of Prey Fly The Nest... posted by AsleepModeOn on May 22, 2020 at 23:30:29 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]