Re: Janet Flights

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 24, 2020 at 20:26:55 PST:

Welcome to the discussion forum as a contributor. I am glad you decided to become more involved.

The partial schedule post shut-down is somewhat misleading. There are so many changes in the flights right now that I want to give it a few more days before I revise it (when things hopefully stabilize a bit). This week there were two round trip flights to Groom on Monday and Tuesday, three each Wednesday thru Friday. The opposite is true for TTR: Three flights each Monday and Tuesday, two flights each Wednesday thru Friday.

Both bases currently work in two 12-hour shifts. The flight pattern to TTR suggests an increased personnel demand for the Monday night shift. Based on other information I believe this to be related to implementing virus test procedures.

The extra flights Weds and Thurs to Groom may be related to the first test flight in a while at Area 51 Wednesday night.

Overall activity at both bases seems to be fairly equal right now.

With the change in procedures implemented for the Janets on 4/15 it has become more difficult to track the flights and to determine where they really go. Some flights I saw looked like they went to TTR when I know they went to Groom.

Groom is definitely higher security than TTR. A lot of gray projects operate from TTR that would not be permitted at Area 51 due to security concerns.

In Reply to: Janet Flights posted by thinbluelinemurk on April 24, 2020 at 20:03:00 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]