you caught me

Message posted by Gabe Zeifman on April 06, 2020 at 11:35:59 PST:

I'm the pilot of N8077S. Before you ask, yes I have pictures. I've done three flights to the Nellis ranges over the last few months, I've just been trying to get good pictures before I post anything. The plane is mine but is based at EDW at the Aero Club. I'm an FAA controller there, we work R2508. We don't work the Nellis ranges, though we get some of their aircraft, nothing exciting though, just some of the extras from Red Flag and such. But I'm a nerd so I had to "go see dem aliens" myself and see what the Nellis ranges are all about. Everything I've done out there is just as a regular old civilian flight, talking to Nellis Approach and ask for transit of the restricted areas (which is on a non-interference basis when the airspace is cold). The only airspace I have specific authorization for access to is R2515 around EDW, and as such I respect the restriction of no photography there, but as far as I'm concerned everything else is fair game. I landed in Rachel once a few months ago, maybe someone will remember me.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]