Re: New B-21 concept art

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 01, 2020 at 11:56:21 PST:

Thanks for the post. I think the article sums up nicely what can be learned from the rendering (its only one rendering photoshopped into different backgrounds). I can see how from this angle an untrained observer might mistake it for a B-2. I suppose that means that in hindsight many of the B-2 design elements were well chosen and ready for the future. The more conventional shape of the trailing edge is barely visible.

I disagree with the timeline though. Most new developments take a considerable time to work out the bugs before operational testing. More so for increasingly complex modern aircraft. This starts with making all the sub-systems talk to each other reliably, doing taxi tests, ground RCS testing and more before the aircraft ever leaves the ground. If testing at Edwards is to take place "not long" after its supposed maiden flight in late 2021 we can almost be sure that a prototype already exists at a secret base somewhere. I wish I knew any secret bases in the American west... :-)

In Reply to: New B-21 concept art posted by Jester25 on February 01, 2020 at 6:28:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]