Re: Drone Squadron?

Message posted by jklier on December 30, 2019 at 7:21:24 PST:

One thing I have not seen them address is whether they consider these flights to be breaking any FAA regulations.

Based upon the limited information I have seen I would conclude that these flights are violating at lease one of the established FAA regulations. From the report they state they have been seen between between 7 and 10pm which would have them flying after dark. 107.29 of the regulations establishes that night operations require a FAA waiver. Seeing that the FAA reported they have no information on these flights I assume there is no waiver.

Regulation 107.31 states the operator must maintain a visual line of site to the UAS. There's not enough information to determine if this regulation is being violated but I'd bet that it is.

There's no information on the exact altitude they are flying, it only states a few hundred feet.. If they go over 400 feet without a waiver then that would be another violation.

There's a few more regulations that may be get violated as well but those mentioned above are the big ones that could risk hitting a manned aircraft.

In Reply to: Drone Squadron? posted by Jester25 on December 30, 2019 at 6:06:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]