Re: What popped out at Tonopah?

Message posted by Duke on December 19, 2019 at 15:39:43 PST:

Wasn't that bad, you got used to it.

I will relate a story, however, that your post reminded me of. At some point, the fact we were working on the "Advanced Technology Bomber" was made public, I think this was in late 87/early 88. The SPO director then decided to host an "open day" so our families could come into the secure facility to see where their husbands/fathers worked. There would be a meet and greet, unclassified briefings, and other activities for the families. All this was honched by our O-3 in-facility chief of security; a big old, soft/slow speaking country boy. I think he was he Alabama.

One of activities scheduled for the open day was a "draw the ATB" contest for the children, held in one of the conference rooms. As you can imagine, there were some very odd drawings submitted, but one of them absolutely nailed it. The kid had a near perfect planform view, including the sawtooth. This created quite a stir, even more so when it was determined the drawing had been done by the security chief's kid! The poor captain was in shock, but it was just a coincidence his kid drew the a/c so well. He took a lot ribbing over it.

In Reply to: Re: What popped out at Tonopah? posted by crossair on December 19, 2019 at 11:48:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]