Re: "Foggles" at Groom lake

Message posted by Roger M. on December 16, 2019 at 11:23:10 PST:

I'm always suspicious of articles like this one (even though I'm a fan of "War Zone" and Tyler). There is absolutely no proof offered, there isn't even an oblique reference as to where this information might have originated ... and the photo is obviously one taken from a stock photography web site related to a pilot getting their instrument rating.

With any test articles being brought out into the open, I seriously doubt that anybody who is an "infrequent visitor" is at that moment landing in a Janet with their window shades up, or being driven around the base in a vehicle such that they would require goggles.
Realistically, the same basic procedures that have always worked would likely still work ... shades on Janet windows pulled down on arrival and departure, blinds in various buildings pulled down, and very, very limited access and movement on the entire base when a test article is out in the open (to the point where the entire bases is frozen while the asset is exposed).

The premise that folks are out and about the base in vehicles, or staring out windows when a test article is being moved (such that they might require "foggles") seems rather flawed to me.

I also suspect that the base is wrapped up just a bit tighter than would allow for a "Dreamland insider" to offer up a report like this in any way such that it could be considered remotely accurate.

All of which to say not that they don't have procedures in place that might replicate the sudden limitation of ones vision ... but rather to say that this article comes across more as tabloid fodder than it does a serious look at the goings on within the base.

In Reply to: Re: "Foggles" at Groom lake posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 16, 2019 at 7:49:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]