Re: JFEX 19B

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 05, 2019 at 10:29:36 PST:

I would say no. The hike is quite strenuous and at this time of the year you will run into deep snow.

One of my favorite view spots is a hill near 37° 48.397'N/116° 14.847'W. That is where the 2010 photos were taken. You are only 2 miles from the air strip with a clear view vs. 8 miles on top of Reveille. The access road is a bit rocky and requires 4WD. It is a short hike up the hill.

Much easier: Take the dirt road leading NW from Cedar Pipeline Ranch to a corral and then west to the fence line. You have a good (but lower angle) view of Keno from many places along that road. If you are crazy enough you can probably make it in a 2WD car.

Most of the time the aircraft approach from the north. So, on the hill you are near the approach path while the corral is near the departure path.

With temperatures around freezing and the time of the exercise being uncertain I will likely be in my truck somewhere around the corral.

In Reply to: Re: JFEX 19B posted by Jason S on December 05, 2019 at 9:47:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]