F-117

Message posted by Capt Scott Cook on September 30, 2019 at 13:46:48 PST:

When I was younger...much much younger, I was traveling between Seattle and LAX but had a 3-hour layover in Vegas. The year was 1986 (June). During the flight from Seattle to Vegas, a person sitting in front of me commented that we were off course. He said that he knew the flight plan and if we could see that base we were off the flight plan. I looked out the window, and although far off, I was seated on the left side of the plane traveling south so i was looking east, was an airfield if I remember right there was a single runway that ran almost north/south. On the center/eastern taxiway was 3 F-117 Stealth Fighters. At that time I didn't know what they were called. I do now. At this point in time, they hadn't released that they had such an A/C. It was later that summer that one crashed and the proverbial cat was out of the bag. Knowing now what I didn't know then was or I believe the airfield was TTR. Now if we had gotten that far off course, don't you think someone would have notified someone and we be told to change course. I honestly don't know how that all works. Could we really have been that far off course that we would have been able to see TTR? I have no idea what it would have been called back then. Thoughts?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]