Re: Alienstock recap

Message posted by GoSlash27 on September 23, 2019 at 15:35:07 PST:

RogerM,
I'll just assume that everything you've stated here that doesn't apply to me was intended for someone else. I'll thus ignore that (about 75% of your post) and focus on the rest.
"The small town of Rachel doesn't need the Inn to survive". I'd say you clearly don't understand the situation. Without a local business, Rachel, NV is a bedroom community. Which is fine... unless the next nearest town happens to be 45 miles away. In that case, nobody who's not either ranching or retired will continue living there. There's also the minor point of this website, which will cease to be relevant when people can no longer visit Rachel and find "incredibly bad food", good company, and a warm bed.

AFA the last sentence, I will cop to "chastising" Joerg (although I hope he understands that it is very light, respectful, and not intended in any mean- spirited way)... not because he exaggerated what *might* have happened, but because he exaggerated his reports of what actually *did* happen. It served only to undermine his credibility and thus his (very valid) arguments against future attempts. I *agree* with him about the potential hazards, but painting an overflowing trash can or road dust as some sort of epic ecological disaster only serves to weaken his position. I was in Cedar Rapids for the '08 flood, and I know what a disaster and property damage looks like. This ain't it.
Plus, I have a vested interest in Rachel staying as it is (more or less); My son and I had an awesome time and would like to return... but not if it's the site of an annual "burning man". That's not our scene.
Anyway... I believe that's all that applies to me personally. I agree that others have taken a harsher tone than I would have taken, and have attacked Joerg for actions that I would not. If you think that something else in your post applies to me, either you misunderstood what I typed, or I failed in conveying my meaning.

Best,
-Slashy

In Reply to: Re: Alienstock recap posted by Roger M. on September 23, 2019 at 11:29:43 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]