Now back to our regular scehduled program.

Message posted by Capt Scott Cook on September 23, 2019 at 8:16:52 PST:

I know I am not in the Area 51 area, I'm in Eastern Washington. Located 21 miles from a commercial airline and Military testing airport. From my house, I can look straight down the runway if my blind eyes could see that far. My question/observation is this. just a little background on what I do, I run flight tracker on my phone and I run flighttrader24 on my computer with the military filter. If I see something that doesn't come up on my phone I check the computer.

Saturday night. Sometime around 2330, I saw a rather quiet aircraft rather low fly overhead. I live halfway up a hill in the area that tops out as around 1500 feet and this craft was about 500 feet above the hilltop. Still climbing but still pretty low. I say it was rather quiet because most time I can hear the planes but I could only hear a slight noise from this craft. I had a rather large wingspan I could only see wingtip lights and a light at the front. It was a cloudy night and it was hard to get an idea of the shape. When I check the two flight trackers they both failed to show anything passing over.

We see a lot of C-140s doing low passes. They have an area where they regularly simulate drops. Of to the west of us is a gorge that the Navy uses, call it Star Wars Canyon North. They come out of Whibley Island, cross the north Cascades head south and drop into the gorge between Quincy and Wenatchee. We have had two planes crash dropping into the gorge. Both times we lost piolets.
I can watch all those planes on FlightTrader24 but this one plane eluded the trackers. Someday I am going to set up a scanner to listen.

Anybody have any ideas why it wouldn't come up on the trackers? I can't imagine it would have been a black project plane. Although it was rumored when Larson Air Base was up and running during the 80s, that a stealth fighter landed unexpectedly in the middle of the night due to engine problems. Listening to Airman that was there at the time they were told to empty a hanger fast and then were ordered inside. But someone living at the end of the runway was outside and spotted it as it was coming in. But that was while it was an Air Base and not a civilian aircraft testing site.

Thoughts?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]