Re: Alienstock recap

Message posted by BobM on September 23, 2019 at 5:35:00 PST:

I'm of this opinion as well. I'm hoping this event doesnt ruin our friendship. I get the interviews and press coverage of being the opposition is intoxicating. I've been there once and remember I didn't want it to end...but it did. Some of your comments recently disturb me. You *are* the town spokesman? People in Rachel are strong, you have to be to live in a town with no services. Who is so feeble minded that you are their spokesman? Not me. Not Gregos. Not Rick. I could go on and on. Also I've kept quiet about another thing, you are promoting selling Alienstock shirts on this website...you cant have it both ways. I know they are not your shirts but you have the link up to promote the event which is exactly what shirts do. Also a little taken back by the PayPal donation link "to help residents" recover what they lost. Gregos lost the most, he put out alot in gas money and alot of other things so I'd expect him to get a good chunk of change from this "donation"...I'll keep in contact with him to see if he sees $1. I dont want any money from the "donations to help Rachel residents"...I am one but just like the event I don't want to be involved with $$ in any way from it. I thought your plan was to sue the county over your lights and signs which weren't even needed.

Alot was said that got me freaked out before this event but NONE of it materialized. I was told the cell tower was going down with just 1000 people in town, never happened...had 4g all weekend and I was sending pics to friends like crazy even Saturday night. I realize 30k people would have been different. You just arent stopping with your hate of this thing, how many more threads will you start. It's over. We get you hated it. Also you should try going to the marathon in mid-August, those 500 people leave WAY more trash than these 2500-3000 did. I've been to both events and the marathoners are pigs...but you have never made one post about them. They use large rocks along the highway all the way to the mailbox to hold signs up and they are there all year but I dont hear you complaining Rachel's demise is coming from that. No more fake news, be honest with your readers. There's not "trash blowing all over" and telling people they may not be able to retire in Rachel over Alienstock is ridiculous. Calm down, have a Pepsi, its over. I wish you would have taken me up on my offer to go with Gregos and I and scooter/ATV through town and you could have met some of those people but it wouldnt have mattered....you are the very visible face of the opposition and you cant change your rhetoric now. I was against this from the start but I'm man enough to admit I was wrong, those people were not what we expected coming. Even the Sheriff said so around Saturday.

In Reply to: Re: Alienstock recap posted by GoSlash27 on September 22, 2019 at 23:33:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]