Re: Locals: so what's going on, and how bad is it?

Message posted by The Bothan Spy on September 21, 2019 at 12:42:08 PST:

Many people coming to the area for the first time need to be aware that this is open range for cattle. It is very difficult to spot them sometimes, even when going below the speed limit; and especially at night. I definitely agree that if you're headed out there that it is at least a 2 hour trip there and back, so just kick back and enjoy the scenery. Obey all speed limits. I would even recommend going at least 10 miles slower, because of the cattle.

Nice to hear that the atmosphere is mostly peaceful, and it seems that most of the people are just looking for a reason to get together and have a good time.

This event has been very unorganized and chaotic at times, especially since their were possibly 2 million showing up. I don't blame residents of Rachel or even Alamo for being anxious. I would have prepare for the worst also.

I personally would have had tighter security if I were running the event at the inn. Even the security measures put together by Lincoln and Nye Counties, probably weren't enough in my opinion. If the numbers would have reached the tens of thousands, then it would have definitely turned out differently.

I guess it is just a younger generations version of an Area 51 people's rally. Although, not as organized as Norio Hiakawa's events. Area 51's appeal, because of the secrecy that surronds it lives on.

The Bothan Spy

In Reply to: Re: Locals: so what's going on, and how bad is it? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 21, 2019 at 11:00:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]