Re: Portable scanner for Area 51

Message posted by Nick on September 18, 2019 at 16:38:44 PST:

Would be sufficient actually. A stream will use max 360kpbs (in high quality, leaves 1500kbit upstream for regular internet). When you provide the stream to YouTube direct (with there live function) you have a backup every 4 hours of the stream. And the distribution comes from them. So YouTube acts like a relay for this.

But you can probably listen to only frequency I suppose? The scanner that you use, does it have like an aux out or maybe even USB?

I think it would be a great advertisement for DLR to be streaming this, since, let's be honest, the whole world comes here, but I cannot receive audio on the other side of the world. So I'm thinking a little bit out loud here, but for instance, you make a little bit of bucks with the views. But maybe a scanner company can sponsor something? Like, if I had a company that sold scanner I would like to live stream an Area 51 frequency and having my logo and a buy link in the video (static image or something, or slideshow, doesn't take to much resources).

If you ever want to throw some balls around (when it's a little bit more calm and peace in Rachel again and the storm is gone) don't hesitate to mail me. I see possibilities here. Unique selling point right? Your location! Please let me know if you're open for the idea (audio only, 24/7). Sponsor image, link and logo to DLR.

In Reply to: Re: Portable scanner for Area 51 posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 16, 2019 at 22:05:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]