Jerry - Sighting of the unknown air vehicle. Feedback.

Message posted by Smythers on September 17, 2019 at 12:25:45 PST:

I showed your drawing to a good friend of mine who is buried deep into the defence establishment. Her reply?

"Aww shit, they did it."

This isn't a Northrop bird. Wrong side of 42.

What I did get was a 'starting point' for my shovel work. See attached link. You are looking for patents that use light to give an accurate air to ground reading for slow moving airframes.

And I think my friend, that you are the lucky viewer of a very advanced rigid shell lighter than air vehicle in prototype stages - Why do I say prototype? Because it is smaller than many of the advanced designs being offered up.

The 'waffle box' rear and inwards canted tailplanes would give exceptional airframe control, & those 'Lights' in the two circular patterns are in my friends learned opinion an advanced form of ballast control / gust response using the bounce of light from off of the ground and back to onboard sensors in order to adjust the inner volume of air to keep the vehicle at the desired altitude. Hence the ground hugging flight path.

As for the shape? Well, for higher altitude crossing of certain type of atmospheric layers you need a more aerodynamic shape to keep your power requirements down to the minimum.

Today was a school day for me indeed!

Attached link: https://lynceans.org/category/transportation/

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]