Re: Anything in Rachel?

Message posted by Gregos on September 17, 2019 at 0:11:42 PST:

Well, unfortunately, I had to make the trip across the country for this shit. Not as an “Alien Stock” poser, but as a concerned property owner looking out to protect his interests. Did I want to come out? I aways enjoy visiting Rachel, but no not for this. I had no intention to come out in September. I do not have the extra time or money for this unscheduled trip. Since I do not know what to expect, I decided to drive out from NY state instead of flying. You have to understand, there is no police department in Rachel. Just a small handful of bad apples could do a lot of damage to the town before anyone arrives to assist. If I flew out, I’d be restricted to a timeline. Sorry, I can’t stay to help , my flight leaves in three hours…

So, I packed everything I could think I or my neighbors may need if this went horribly pear shaped. Originally, I wanted to car camp a few hours at rest stops along the way. There is no room for that.

So out of my pocket so far:

A) Loss of Wages with NO paid vacation time.
B) Unexpected time away where my attention is needed elsewhere
C) Milage on my vehicle
D) Extra fuel costs - I think I gassed up 5 times now at ~$60 (25G tank). And I’m not in Rachel yet.
E ) Two nights hotel at ~$70 each
F) Security costs: No trespassing signs, and more which I won’t discuss for obvious reasons

Then double it! I have to make the return trip!

I could go on, but I just drove from east of Kansas City, MO to Grand Junction, CO so my mind is a bit mushy…

In Reply to: Re: Anything in Rachel? posted by Cooper on September 16, 2019 at 17:50:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]