Re: Rachel Residents Voice Concerns Regarding Area 51 Event

Message posted by Christian on September 01, 2019 at 12:12:23 PST:

So true about burning man. Last year they left a 3/4 of a 747 packed full of trash on the Playa near Rock Canyon. They put a camouflage net over it, and left it for months. Which violates the spirit, and intent of the burning man event as well as the BLM permit. Winnemucca, and Empire absolutley despise the event. People think these towns are making boat loads of money from these events, and they aren't. I drive through Alamo, Ash Springs, and Rachel almost weekly, and the 2 gas stations always have plenty of business. The Inn has many tourist, and 3 to 4 van loads of people from Adventure Tours daily. I would have thought Lincoln County would have known what Winnemucca, and Empire go through every year. I'm really pleased with Nye County officials working for the people, and not for a festival. Lincoln county said if we didn't allow them they would come anyway. What a sorry excuse to give. People that live part time in Esmeralda County are boarding up their houses on this Labor day weekend. The 4 counties I go through can't understand how Lincoln allowed this to happen.

In Reply to: Re: Rachel Residents Voice Concerns Regarding Area 51 Event posted by gp3po on September 01, 2019 at 11:15:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]