Re: September 20 event

Message posted by Lora Green on August 13, 2019 at 4:48:34 PST:

I am planning on attending this event with my son (I'm 55, he's 31). We spent many years at Burning Man, and volunteered in many capacities, including running a village of 600 people for 5 of those years. So, I have a good understanding of trying to 'herd cats'.

I sent an email to Alienstock asking what they need in terms of volunteers, and hope to hear from them today.

My main concern is what they plan to do about the garbage. Even an event like Burning Man, that professes to Leave No Trace, there is still TONS of garbage left behind, and Hwy 447 is just a mess. (We always stayed behind a few days to help clean up).

Another concern is traffic. One accident or breakdown can cause a delay of many hours on a two-lane road.

Then there's the portapotty issue. If "they" do rent some, they need to be pumped out daily, if not several times a day.

As for a permit, there is no way the BLM will give them one, nor could they afford it. Turning it into "Alienstock", rather than a joke to see how many people turn up, I think was a mistake. But we shall see. I think the biggest turnout will be on Friday night, since it's an easy drive from Vegas.

I plan to address my concerns, IF, they contact me. I will let you know if I hear anything or not.

In Reply to: September 20 event posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on August 11, 2019 at 16:44:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]