Re: Article on Area 51 and the Groom Mine

Message posted by Christian on August 02, 2019 at 13:24:00 PST:

I have been talking with Martha Sheahan for a couple years. She first reached out to me, and asked if I would stop saying Groom Lake Road. Since her family started mining for silver in 1889 they built the Groom Mine Road from the Tikaboo Valley to Indian Springs. She has been so good to me over the years that I called Google Earth. I asked if they could change the name of the road back. I was lucky because the lady I spoke with was very interested in the area. She did find that the road was originally called GMR, and was able to change it. Two days later Martha messaged me, and said they changed it back to GLR. I called Google again, and they could only tell me that it was out of their control. Area 51 wants the entire mine forgot about. The Sheahans weren't the only ones that lost their property. There were many people living, and mining east of Goldfield. The military came, and told them they had to leave. There is a great video done by a news network that urged the military to let the kids which are elderly now to go back, and visit their homes.

In Reply to: Re: Article on Area 51 and the Groom Mine posted by Jason S on August 02, 2019 at 11:10:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]