Re: JFE Video

Message posted by scott cook on June 21, 2019 at 8:35:53 PST:

We had something simular happen to us here in Washington State. There is an area south of us called Frenchman Coulee Climbing area. It has some pretty cool rock formations. Anyways. if your looking at a map of Washington look for where !-90 crosses the Columbia River at Vantage. The military uses this area for things ranging from US Rangers doing overnight desert training. to the Air Force doing air drops using 55 gallon barrels to the Navy doing canyon runs through the gorge. We were doing some Fire Department rope rescue training when a guy pulled up with us and stated that they were conducting a simulated mission and wanted us to be aware of low flying aircraft in the area and had asked if they would be allowed to "target" our fire truck. We all took a break from training and sat with the "Special Forces" contact on the ground, while he called in targets and the drop point. 2 A-10s dropped down from the north came down through the canyon taking out our trucks. They called for an all clear, ground force confirmed, and two I believe F-18 did a passed overhead followed by 4 heavies conducted air drops after they were clear 8 fast attack went to the barrels and gathered them up. It was pretty cool to watch. Talking with the guy, he said this event had uttilized the different bases Mcchord Air Base, Fort Lewis or JBLM (Joint Base Lewis-Mcchord) and Fairchild Air Base. I think one of the planes in the video was from Fairchild. They seem to have a different color scheme on the tail..I could be wrong about that.

In Reply to: JFE Video posted by Rich Trajano on June 14, 2019 at 19:00:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]