Re: Tonapah Test Range Construction

Message posted by greatguess on May 09, 2019 at 12:39:05 PST:

for real training the vehicle will be virtually public so crew training flights won't be an issue by then. for early EMD testing they will want to keep the b21 under wraps as much as possible for as long as possible. i realize they have announced that the b21 testing will be done at edwards but for the next few years they may be testing the EMD-b21 out of tonopah. they couldn't test the b2 out of dreamland because too many people would have had to be briefed to support such a huge effort. tonopah is less "ultra" secret than dreamland and maybe they will do the early EMD flight testing out of there? there is a lot of construction going on at north base edwards also which is probably related to the b21. they closed the north base runway a few years ago but somehow a miracle happened and they found money for repairing the north base runway - b21 money? it wouldn't surprise me if they setup a janet like shuttle system between tonopah and north base to shuttle the "on test site" required folks that live the the AV up to the temporary test site at tonopah. that's just a wild guess but then my name is greatguess.....
greatguess

In Reply to: Re: Tonapah Test Range Construction posted by Gregos on May 09, 2019 at 12:24:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]