Janet Spotted in ATL

Message posted by Zachary C on January 15, 2019 at 19:18:16 PST:

Upon my unfortunate luck of trying to listen o the Janets tonight, I remembered when a Janet came to ATL. Yes, it came all the way over to Georgia. Over June of '15 I went on a tour of Delta's Tech Ops. I have since been two more times and learned more information about this rare spotting.

The spotting in '15 was met by employees not allowing us to have our phones on the tour which was an odd but understandable item. At the time of leaving our phones, we had no idea what lay before us. Delta Tech Ops does maintenance for their own aircraft year-round, excluding the summer. In the summer the facility is open to all operators who want their aircraft worked on. I learned this on my third visit this past year.

The tour lead us all over the building but concluded in the building or (or part of the building) where the 'Fly Delta Jets' sign resides. In the second to last bay along the far wall (under where it says 'Fly') sat Air Force Two. The first lady's aircraft. It sat surrounded by a barbed wire fence and a single employee working on the aircraft. And next to it sat the Holy Grail. N319BD a 737-66N. It lay with the same barbed wire and not an employee in sight. Upon asking our tour guides a barrage of questions (tour was avgeeks who knew what we were drooling over) they completely ignored us. Only of the tour guides (5 total for supervision purposes) acknowledged us and said "What airplane? All I see is extra fencing."

As it was mentioned before I had the opportunity to make a visit recently and when I brought up the subject of previously seeing the Janet plane the guide glared at me like I was crazy. Although it wasn't to my surprise these employees were definitely filled in on the situation.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]