Re: Flying Drones around Area 51

Message posted by Gregos on October 20, 2018 at 6:59:02 PST:

The map is pretty much useless. It looks like they copied FAA Special Use Airspace and lumped it all together (Restricted Airspace and MOAs). There is no information when you click on the map as it instructs you.

Sad to say the police don't really FAA rules let alone their own laws regarding Drones. About a year and a half ago I was in Pennsylvania visiting family and had my Phantom 3. I flew it near but not over a nuclear power plant. Someone (a neighbor) called the police thinking I was a "Tango" or something. A police officer came out as I was landing it and questioned me. I explained what I was doing and have had real flight training in the past. I explained I was in Class G airspace (uncontrolled) and I was not loitering my drone over or near the plant. He took my license info for his report and sent me on my way. I believe had I not had knowledge things would have wound up differently. I'm pretty certain I was not in violation of any statutes but at least I sounded like I knew what I was talking about and that can go a long way.

In Reply to: Re: Flying Drones around Area 51 posted by Chris on October 19, 2018 at 19:31:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]