Re: Base Camp Planes

Message posted by gary on March 20, 2002 at 0:21:41 PST:

Tell you what. Find N403VIP in the FAA database. Like I said, "O" [OH] and "I" [EYE] are not allowed in N-numbers. In addition, the number (excluding the N) can only be 5 characters, and 403VIP is six.

Here is the link to look up registrations:
http://registry.faa.gov/default.asp?arquery.asp

Here are the rules for N-numbers from the FAA website:
How to Properly Form an N-Number:
N-Numbers consist of a series of alphanumeric characters. U.S. registration numbers may not exceed five (5) characters in addition to the standard U.S. registration prefix letter "N". These characters may be one (1) to five (5) numbers (eg., N12345), one (1) to four (4) numbers and one (1) suffix letter (ex. - N1234Z), or one (1) to three (3) numbers and two (2) suffix letters (N123AZ). To avoid confusion with the numbers one and zero, the letters "I" and "O" may not be used.

An N-Number may not begin with zero. The first zero in a number must be preceded by at least one of the numbers one (1) through nine (9). For example, N01Z is not valid.

Registration numbers N1 through N99 are strictly reserved for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) internal use.

The FAA no longer issues numbers beginning with "NC", "NX", "NR", or "NL". On some older aircraft, these numbers may be displayed in accordance with FAR 45.22.

In Reply to: Re: Base Camp Planes posted by wolfbane on March 19, 2002 at 16:13:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]