Re: Los Alamos Labs Complex in the NTS

Message posted by gary on March 18, 2002 at 23:30:40 PST:

I've downloaded quite a bit of the NTS using USAPhotoMaps which is free from
http://www.jdmcox.com/
What is nice about this program is you can keep the sat photos on your PC, window around the area, get wayponts, etc. I noticed that the author added a program I requested to make big jpegs of the downloaded images.

Anyway, I've studied this area not knowng what it was and suspect the circle represents the "safe zone", i.e. something nasty happened in the center and some study said maintain a distance of X from ground zero. Of course, if you have protective clothing you can enter this zone, or if you wear a dosimeter you can hang out there until your dose is reached. Just a guess.

The area to the south east of your red dot is interesting because it looks like some buildings there have been removed, i.e. you only see the foundations.

There is a Wackenhut shooting range in the NTS facility, but I suspect it would be closer to the main NTS site. [There is a DOE accident report that mentions this range, which is how I learned about its existence.]

In Reply to: Los Alamos Labs Complex in the NTS posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 18, 2002 at 22:55:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]