Re: No-fly zone for drones around the Area 51 perimeter to be extended

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on January 11, 2018 at 19:39:43 PST:

Thank you, got your email with the county ordinance. It seems to confirm my interpretation of the current situation. Interesting to see that Commissioner Higbee, who represents this area and handles USAF matters, is the only one who voted NAY on the proposal.
BTW: The attached link to the county commissioners web page has a link for a meeting web cast. I have never tried it, but you may be able to virtually attend the meeting on Tuesday. I will try to get a 5 minute slot to speak, although I am sure passage of the ordinance is already a done deal.

What I meant to say in my previous post is that the R-4808N air space already extends more than 2 miles outside the existing boundary and the extension would have no effect there. But I guess they will just extend the R-4808N air space as well, extending the no-fly zone there ANOTHER 2 miles, or halfway up to the highway.

Attached link: Official Website for Lincoln County, Nevada - County Commissioners

In Reply to: Re: No-fly zone for drones around the Area 51 perimeter to be extended posted by Foster VS on January 11, 2018 at 18:07:49 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]