Re: Red Flag 2: 2016

Message posted by Gregos on December 19, 2015 at 13:20:23 PST:

They fly a morning and a night sortie Monday thru Friday. Times of the exercise can be found posted on the KLSV Notice to Airmen about a week or so before Red Flag starts.

I assume you are talking about the flying action up in Rachel? No you are not guaranteed any fly action. I've driven up there a few times and only heard aircraft way up high and not seen anything. But usually you'll see something and sometimes action that is quite spectacular. It's a lot like fishing. A good place to go is Coyote Summit just before you get to Rachel. I also like to catch at least one recovery at Nellis AFB. About an hour of aircraft landing constantly one after another. Then you'll get at least one picture of all the different types of aircraft that participated in that Red Flag Exercise. Rachel is about 2 hours from Nellis AFB which is on the north edge of Las Vegas. Any rental car will get you up to Rachel and to the Area 51 front and back gate. Just fill up in Alamo or Ash Springs as the is no gas in Rachel.

Have fun...

In Reply to: Red Flag 2: 2016 posted by Jim on December 16, 2015 at 18:22:32 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]