Re: Groom Lake Expansion of 2014 (Images Included)

Message posted by Gimbal on June 10, 2014 at 7:38:26 PST:

I think that building by the Janet Ramp is a Terminal there must be a lot of people coming and going with so much expansion and building work going on. These people will all have different security levels so those managing that side of the business will want to check who is allowed to go where on the Base and need plenty of room to handle all this traffic. Notice there are three jets on the ramp normally I have only seen a max of two and perhaps a Beechcraft.

The increased numbers will need bigger catering facilities which I think are partly housed here and will have little or no views of the surroundings outside. Just like any Terminal Building there will be waiting areas, meeting facilities a la "Air side" so no need if you are holding a meeting to step onto the Base the VIP will come to you. The pilots can rest there and no doubt simple maintenance can be carried out too.

It's just a guess but its proximity to the Janet Ramp seems to suggest that is its purpose.

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake Expansion of 2014 (Images Included) posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on June 10, 2014 at 5:38:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]