Re: TTR/Sandia/Groom Patches

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on February 08, 2014 at 10:40:00 PST:

This has been a very interesting thread as it really provides an insight to related memorabilia collecting as I think everyone "collects" something or another. No truer words were ever spoken as Tim said "your collection is worth whatever it's worth to you." I guess that's why we call them "collections" not "investments!" Although I've got some stuff (like a launch day program/media guide booklet from when I watched Apollo 13 blastoff) I don't have the outstanding patch collection, some real history that can be held in your hand that some of you speak about. I rue the day when we lose the last of our great moon-walking astronauts as it seems like it will be the next generation at the earliest that we as a nation could ever put another U.S. astronaut on the Moon's surface.

The stuff I do collect has the same drawback; in the end unless you draw a line in the sand and start to liquidate before it is "too late" (whenever that would be) the items we spent a lifetime collecting could end up as someone else's great deal! Oh well. Thanks for the insight guys.

In Reply to: Re: TTR/Sandia/Groom Patches posted by Tim Hendrix on February 08, 2014 at 8:57:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]