No JFEX this November

Message posted by Gregos on November 08, 2013 at 22:57:35 PST:

I sent an email to Nellis PAO today and was pleasantly surprised when I received a reply within a few hours regarding the JFEX Exercise (formerly MAFEX). MAFEX was held the 3rd week in May and November. After re-reading the reply email, now I'm wondering if there is no November JFEX at all, not just because of the sequestration? Maybe I'll have to send another email / FOIA to verify the JFEX information. Below is the email and reply:

Mr. Gregos,

There is no Joint Forcible Entry Exercise in November. The US Air Force Weapons School Class 13-B was canceled due to sequestration.

SMSgt Kelley J. Stewart
99th Air Base Wing Public Affairs Superintendent
Nellis AFB, NV 89031
(702) 652-4473 or DSN 312-682-4473

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:15 AM
To: 99 ABW/PA
Subject: Feedback: Joint Forcible Entry Exercise

To whom it may concern:

My name is Jeffrey Gregos and I'm a researcher for the aviation website:
www.dreamlandresort.com. With the recent sequestration, I was wondering if the Joint Forcible Entry Exercise or JFEX is scheduled to be held later this month? I know in the past it was called MAFEX and was conducted in May and November at the KENO airfield on the Nevada Test and Training Range. If there is a JFEX exercise planned I am interested in the date and local time of said exercise as well as the participating units involved. Thank you and I anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Gregos
Researcher
www.dreamlandresort.com

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]