C-182 TTR-Rachel flight

Message posted by Frank Stamm on February 17, 2002 at 18:13:31 PST:

A while back I had a chat room discussion with Joreg and a few others about renting a C-182 at N Las airport and flying towards Tonapah, Rachel then LAS I have done some research and I would like to share my findings to see if there is still any interest.

Aircraft: the Cessna 182 is a high wing, fixed gear, four seat aircraft. It will be a comfortable platform for observation over a several hour flight. At First Flight Aviation they have a new a/c for $145 per hour- fuel included. There is a check out required- more on that later. This is rather expensive, I am checking further.
Route: I have checked with several sources (Nellis, ATC, other pilots and instructors) and this seems to require some pre-flight planning, but not to comlpicated. This area has a MOA but that can be navigated with proper planning and ATC contact.
Pilot: I am a 750+ hr private pilot with high-performance A/C sign off. The rental agreement requires a check ride with the FBO instructor for 1.5 hrs. (approx) this will be my expense. The flight with passangers will be split evenly among each seat. Any other pilots interested are welcome.
When: The timing depends on weather (VFR-only) and dates when all interested parties can be present. I can be somewhat flexable but need to check a few no-go dates like Red Flag (might be a bit crowded!). My vacation is now set for 4/21-27 but other dates can be worked out. Any questions email me, Frank Stamm, at
Flyer97977@aol.com

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]