Re: What's the farthest anyone has ever made it past the border?

Message posted by Gimbal on September 06, 2012 at 3:35:16 PST:

Quite clearly they wanted to make sure there was drama for the purposes of TV sensationlism which is why the knocked on the guards window the show would be pretty mudane without this. Even people who work on the Base would never get to see anything if an article were flying those not involved would be ordered into buildings etc. When the Nighthawks landed in Saudi Arabia all the guards were made to lie face down and told not to look up if they did? Well who knows.

As a Brit and a TV License payer I am a bit miffed that they deliberately caused so much trouble and racked up $7800.00 in fines that they personally will put down as expenses payable by the BBC.

I doubt there are robotic weapons 10 miles out the Blackhawks take care of that job and not Apache as mentioned in the trip report I doubt anyone will be driving a Tank in there anytime soon. I too have heard reports that Special Forces including the SAS have used the base to see if they can get in, it trained them and it tested the Base Security at the same time.

One day I will make it out there I have no intention of getting myself into trouble and will enjoy the high desert as much as anything. The Astronomy sounds great and hopefully combine it with Red Flag or Mafex.

In Reply to: Re: What's the farthest anyone has ever made it past the border? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 05, 2012 at 18:07:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]