Re: Just back from A51. An interesting sighting, and two questions for the experts here

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on August 20, 2012 at 14:43:26 PST:

I see (or don't see) those "invisible" jets quite frequently in the Rachel area. While I am sure optical stealth is a subject of Black Projects research, I think most of these are just regular jets that simply blend in with the sky. Many times I have seen a jet bank and suddenly disappear to the naked eye, simply because of the different angle it reflects the sun light. Also, as a pilot I am sure you know that sound travels relatively slow. If you hear a jet in a certain location, it is actually already further ahead.

As for the cammos being more concerned about people camping on Campfire Hill, I believe it has to do with the absence of a fence along the border there and the proximity to the former view spot White Sides. The old trailhead to White Sides leads right past Campfire Hill. Also, the terrain makes it easier for someone to try and sneak in, so they want to keep track of those camping there. And of course you are much closer to the base there.

In Reply to: Re: Just back from A51. An interesting sighting, and two questions for the experts here posted by Jgalt on August 20, 2012 at 7:40:18 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]