Re: Airspace Visitors 4808

Message posted by Casper on August 09, 2012 at 22:13:51 PST:

Well, sorry I couldn't be more help. I can tell you the birds are two of more than 100 currently registered to Dynamic Aviation, who deal primarily in ISR pods.

Their only public project that I could find anything on is the Army's Desert Owl project that was deployed in Iraq to seek our IEDs from the air using a combination of aperture radar and amazingly sensitive image processing to find areas that had been recently dug up or disturbed (ie, where and IED had recently been buried).

With 750 employees (including 200 pilots) and a secured private airfield in Virginia, I'm sure they're working on more than just that project, but anything beyond that would be speculation.

If you're open to speculation, the fact that it's at DRA and flying over the test site could point to nuclear detection. We know the WB-57s have been out and about doing that kind of work recently, and since there are a few nations we're worried about developing nuclear arsenals... it would be a reasonable assumption that one of those pods could be a sniffer - but again, that's pure speculation.

Hopefully somebody else knows something more than that...

In Reply to: Re: Airspace Visitors 4808 posted by don on August 09, 2012 at 18:44:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]