Re: Code Names, Nicknames, and Pseudonyms of Declassified Black Projects at Groom Lake, Nevada

Message posted by Peter Merlin on August 06, 2012 at 20:38:48 PST:

Sadly, Dick Sampson passed away in 1998. I tracked him down in 1997, but wasn't able to make contact until it was too late. I missed out on an opportunity to talk with him by just a few months.

I just finished writing up a bio for the Roadrunners web site. Sampson was a senior security executive with more than 20 years experience in managing comprehensive domestic and international security programs for government and industry. During the course of his career, he assured security compliance on compartmentalized programs involving more than 50 government contractors, established security strategy and implemented operational plans for major intelligence collection systems; and managed an air base staffed by military, civilian, and contractor employees in support of national intelligence programs (Area 51). He played a major role in organizing security protocols for Project AZORIAN, the CIA’s ambitious plan to recover a sunken Soviet submarine from the ocean floor using the Hughes Glomar Explorer salvage vessel. After retiring from the CIA in 1976, he worked for several major aerospace contractors.

In Reply to: Re: Code Names, Nicknames, and Pseudonyms of Declassified Black Projects at Groom Lake, Nevada posted by wheresjanet on August 06, 2012 at 16:37:50 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]