Re: Glenn Campbell's Area 51 Viewers Guide -Free

Message posted by astra7 on May 06, 2012 at 18:43:18 PST:

Hi Bob,

I appreciate your very detailed reply of what happened
to Glenns A51 RC...

From what you have said..Unfortunately for him, it did not appear to really pay to make Glenn wealthy...but at least it may have allowed him to make enough to pay his rent and have the experience of staying in Rachel and being able to explore the area to do what he did in his research at that time.

$100 a month does not seem bad in todays prices..but maybe then it was a lot to pay..but if he made just $10 to $20 a day...he would be able to pay it ok I would think.

I suspect that his earnings varied dependent upon the time of the year. or It may had been that there was just not enough visitors and he may have had to compete with the Little Aleinn..In winter I suspect there would be very few visitors and that he may have not traded...

It was a real shame that he had to sell or a new buyer was not able to remain...and the fact that the new land owners plans did not materialize...makes it frustrating for those who had to move out.

I did see a photo of the land area where his business had been on one of the weblinks I posted...

I Have found it interesting to read about those old days..

Also Thank you Joerg for your comments...

In Reply to: Re: Glenn Campbell's Area 51 Viewers Guide -Free posted by BobM on May 06, 2012 at 11:07:05 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]