Re: Glenn Campbell's Area 51 Viewers Guide -Free

Message posted by astra7 on May 04, 2012 at 16:23:31 PST:

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your explanation.

I recall Glenn saying that he lived in Rachel in the 1990s....but I was not sure if he had his business there.

From what I recall, when I visited the Alien Research Centre, it is on the 375 highway just after the left turn off the 93 highway...where also there is another right hand turn of the 375 HW that takes you to Hiko on the 318 HW..

On google maps it appears closest to Crystal Springs.

Was Glenns Area 51 RC moved to the Alien Research Centre ? When I stopped to look at the ARC...with the Big Alien Figure...There was a Converted Metal Lorry / truck container Trailer box to its right hand side of the ARC as you view it from the 375 HW ...that can be seen in the photo of the ARC on the Right hand side in the link below..

http://gosw.about.com/od/nevadatravelguide/p/area51.htm

I am sure that this had a sign that referred to Area 51 RC....OR am I mistaken !

As I am writing, I just found this...and it does appear I am mistaken...maybe the container at the ARC was just a storage box...

http://clui.org/ludb/site/area-51-research-center

When Glenn had his Area 51 RC at Rachel, was this very close to the Little Alien ? IF so...

I just wonder if they both sold similar things ?

I would have liked to have visited it ?

I am a bit surprised that if he was not able to keep it running , that someone else was not able to do so, like yourself if you were considering it..

Was it purely down to the owner of the land wanting sell it and a new land owners decision as to who could remain on it ? IF so I wonder what the costs of that plot of land had been and maybe if Glenn or someone else could have afforded to buy the land, he /they could have remained their ...

I just wonder how popular it had been ...Had there been a big enough tourist boom to make it pay ? or was it declining ?

In Reply to: Re: Glenn Campbell's Area 51 Viewers Guide -Free posted by BobM on May 04, 2012 at 15:40:07 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]