Re: Theories on Large Hanger

Message posted by greatguess on April 29, 2012 at 7:32:15 PST:

It am counterdicting my theory but i have a reson for that. The hangar was designed a few years ago with a test article of a certain size in mind based on the planning for the new aircraft at the time. I think that the new airplane that was going to go into the building was cancelled for some reason after the hangar was to far along to change. If the new aircraft were a large UAV type bomber, that left the air force with a hangar but no plane to put into it. They then came up with the "utterly ridiculous" idea of using a B2 as the demonstrator. So the simple answer to your question is the timing of the events.

Another possibility is that they didn't "clip" the wings but jocky the plane)s) into and out of the hangar on the air lift devices they used in palmdale to move the vehicles around in the hangars over in the old B1-B side of the now Northrop production facility. Just another "utterly ridiculous" idea on my part; i have an unlimited supply.

In Reply to: Re: Theories on Large Hanger posted by Gerry on April 28, 2012 at 19:31:05 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]