Re: Air Force One Departs Las Vegas

Message posted by Gregos on March 21, 2012 at 21:02:29 PST:

SAM 29000

Funny you should mention that. I almost got a private tour a few years back at Andrews AFB. My wife's friend from college became a Captain with the MPs at Andrews. He gave me and a buddy a private tour of the base in an Air Force Blue Pick-Up complete with lightbar. We got to go on one of the four C-32 "Air Force Twos." A Boeing 757 and the comm section was just inside the door where the starboard side First Class seats would be. On the left side was a stateroom for then Dick Cheney or Condi Rice. The stateroom had a desk, couch / bed and flat screen TV on the wall. Behind the comm center was 1st class seating almost all the way to the rear of the plane with lots of telephones. The last chunk of seats were normal coach seats. That was for the media. The comm center looked very military like you would see in an older bomber. Not high tech like Hollywood would make it out.

After the base tour (except the two "Angel's" hangar), we went to a terminal gate like you would see in any small airport like Burbank, etc. After about 20 minutes of silence, I finally asked him, what's going on. He said, "W" was inbound to land. They marched us outside behind a brick wall to watch Air Force One land. It taxied right up to us a few hundred feet away. W got off, waved then boarded Marine One. End of the show. Since he was using it, we couldn't go on them or go to their Hangar.

Man, so close!!!

In Reply to: Re: Air Force One Departs Las Vegas posted by RoadKill on March 21, 2012 at 19:26:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]