Re: great footage

Message posted by astra7 on February 09, 2012 at 9:59:23 PST:

Hi Joerg,

If you have not watched or won't watch the video, you may not be able to answer my next question...but maybe someone else can.

when you see the video footage of it.. I just wondered
if you did have a high magnification camera if you would see it in as much detail as what the video shows.. or if the footage of it may have been taken from some other vantage point that may had been accessible a few years ago. If so just how much detail could one see ? I assume more than from tikaboo !

When you say Flares usually have nothing to do with operations at Groom...and its likely to do with Red flag military excercises. Im not fully sure what you mean. Is there any other egs why they may use flares other than redflag ?

I understand that for certain types of aircraft they light up the runway.Would this just be for most aircraft, ranging from Janets to any of the secret aircraft. Would this not also include military aircraft ?

I am not sure about redflag excercises ..I assume they are just training excercises for the security types of aircraft that would protect the base..that can be done any time of the day or night..but I would had thought they would last at least an hour or two..On average how long do they usually last?. IF they are being held over what seemed like the Groom area, why its not classed as some form of Groom Operation.

I would had thought they would last more than 20 /30 minutes... I only saw this occurr once for 20 mins and a few minutes later much dimer light light up the sky, not as bright lasting for about 5 mins .
I saw or heard no aircraft what so ever.

I waited about another 2 or 3 hours and to my disappointment I didn't see anything else.

Can red flags only occur for about 30 mins ? and take place low level below the mountains horizon...or would you usually see aircraft, even at night ?

In Reply to: Re: great footage posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 09, 2012 at 9:04:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]