"Where there is smoke there is fire"

Message posted by Chris K on February 07, 2012 at 13:13:16 PST:

I have enjoyed this website for many years, and I am an admitted skeptic in regards to the popular rumors in press and on the net about the extraordinary and secret flying machines supposedly plying the skies of nevada in secret. Until last week. No, I witnessed nothing. I am an attorney, I often work with or, in competition, with the government. My field is not defense, but energy. However, and I write this with a large nod to anonymity, I have been working with people who work for large defense contractors that specialize in electronics (one named after the famous eccentric millionaire who was a pilot and founded the company, the other is a three letter anagram).
Last week, in DC, over dinner, I found myself asking a table of men and women who were sharing stories of the peculiar places they have worked. It was obvious they meant classified programs and facilities. So I admitted, I enjoy this website. THEY KNOW THIS WEBSITE! I was shocked. So I asked, can anyone say, most notably, has there ever been a follow on to the SR71? Or anything of the kind? They laughed and assured me they didn't know and couldn't say. I submitted that I figured they had to be trying to do something, I live in so cal and San Diego was hit by a sky quake four years ago. Thats when the senior member of the table, an ex-senator's chief of staff and defense lobbyist said "where theres smoke there is fire." Thats it. I didn't push it further, but I thought, for whatever its worth, that I would pass it on. Maybe they were playing with me, but these are not playfull people...

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]