Re: Chuck Clark's Mystery Aurora Videotape

Message posted by Stealthmaster on January 29, 2012 at 15:53:32 PST:

I'm sorry TD but I strongly disagree. There is some ridiculous mandate in place to just not declassify anything at any time. There are all kinds of documents over 50 years old that have no tactical significance what so ever that still have not been declassified. For example, look at the JFK "UFO" memo. There is no good reason that document and associated data are still classified.

And then there is the "cricket" sound that harassed Soviet subs during the cold war, that hasn't even been acknowledged by the Navy even though the SOSUS network would have undoubtedly picked it up.

Maybe Chuck Clark's mystery plane is still in use, but will a picture of it really threaten the stability of the free world? Everybody knows about the RQ-170 sentinel. Is America in danger because of this? Will people say that the picture of the Sentinel somehow help Iran "take it down"? What about the Stealth Helicopter? Do you think the SEAL's will stop using it because people have seen the tail rotor?

I don't think we should open up Area51 for tourists, but at the same time, we need a definitive timeframe for declassification or else extremely important pieces of history are in jeopardy of being lost in the sands of time.

The CIA did the right thing and acknowledged the bravery you and your colleagues did on behalf of this nation, however it appears those who followed in your footsteps wont even get a footnote in history...

In Reply to: Re: Chuck Clark's Mystery Aurora Videotape posted by Thornton D. TD Barnes on January 29, 2012 at 15:09:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]